Father's Day 2019


This year's Father's Day was a solemn occasion. We didn't celebrate it this year since dad passed away a few days before. I remembered sitting on the sofa, scrolling through twitter when I came across a trending topic, Father's Day. Everyone was wishing their dad and there I was, wishing to none. My eyes started to water and my brother noticed.

He asked me, "What's wrong?"
I just said, "Today's Father's Day".
Then he gave me a hug saying, "Yeah, I know."

My dad passed away on 13th of June, merely 7 days after his birthday. I did wish him on his birthday saying, "Hey dad, you know what day is today? It's your birthday! Happy Birthday, dad."
He did let out a little smile acknowledging my wish. But he didn't say anything.
Also, we had no cake for his birthday this year. We had nothing. He can't keep anything down but water. I should've noticed that something is off. But I shrugged it off thinking that he'll get better.

But was I wrong.

To dad,
I miss you. You were a great dad. You taught me how to learn English since I was in Primary. You were so proud of me when I got 8As on PMR. You backed me up when people were threatening me. You were never upset with me even when everyone was. You were always on my side. Thank you so much dad.

I've been dreading to write this post. Just because. But now I am. Yesterday marks the 50th day of his passing. Here's to everyone reading, please recite Al-Fatihah for my dad. Thank you so much.

Grieving daughter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt's note: 8th May 2023

A little note.