Hijab - Cover or not to cover?


Assalamualaikum..

I'm here because I have something in my mind. Something so essential that some people overlooked and torn a few hearts. Something that shouldn't even an issue- and now it's an issue.

Hijab- Cover or not to cover

Recently, we have been plagued by this question, what is the suitable hijab length for a government body?

One government body (not in particular to any government body) chose to hand out a weird looking hijab for the use of its officials. How weird is this hijab? Well, the front is quite long as it reached below the navel. However, the width of this front section is what baffles some. It only covers the middle section of the chestal area while the proper hijab will cover the chestal area and should be as wide as the owner prefers them to be. Now, the back. Even worse. I doesn't even reach the middle of one's back. If it flaps in the wind, men walking by could get a glimpse of your hair which is supposedly inside!

What's worse is they made everyone wear this thing and tries to punish anyone who doesn't. Hmm. Is that even necessary? Here's the thing. The hijab is suppose to be a cover that provides an ample protection of women's upper body, it's also supposed to be comfortable to wear. As I do not have my bachelor in religious studies, this is an opinion of a person who wears hijab on a daily basis. And I to have choices. This is some sort of oppression. *I'm not a feminazi. This is a real fight.

I would let anyone else choose what kind of hijab they want to wear since it's their body and their money. But, when you are asked to wear a hijab this short and it's compulsory or you might get problems for not wanting to, that is a problem. I support different forms of hijab, and the free will to wear them. Even more for the women that choose to cover their aurat, their choice of hijab should not even be a question.

Let us wear the hijab to what is comfortable to us.

I hope one day, this wouldn't even be a problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt's note: 8th May 2023

A little note.