'When will you get married?'


Hello.

As a 25 (denying adamantly I'm 26 this year) year old girl, I'm quite lucky I don't get asked this question a lot since I look a lot like a minor. Strangers often call me out as a high school kid, and on a bad day, a 12 year old. However, my extended family do know how old I really am. And I get this question from them.

Although I don't exactly mind them asking, I would love for them to consider themselves in my place. I mean, I'm 25, I don't have a boyfriend much less a candidate for a husband, and I'm living with my parents. Who doesn't want to get married? To have that one person who would go through everything with me (I hope he does want me to get really involved in his life too *wink*) and make it to our old days, sitting at the front porch yelling at kids to stop stepping onto our lawn.

hehe

But seriously though, I don't expect a marriage full of perfect stories like in the dramas, but I hope to get this person that doesn't mind my snoring at night and would still cuddle at time to time, cook together and get upset together when both our weights got up when we're on the scale, to have small and simple yet meaningful adventure together and argue, like every other couple. I want to experience it all. Yet, even if we do fight, I'd say I'm sorry, he'd say his sorry and everything's okay.

I know you're out there. I'm waiting.

*not necessarily particular for anyone who reads this..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt's note: 8th May 2023

A little note.