I worked. For a little.


Salam, and hi.

I just got home after two weeks and two days layover at my brother's house in Seri Kembangan. Had a gig (temp job) at a university, I helped invigilating the exams. The experience was an eye-opener, because I get to see the albeit very limited view of what happens day to day in that particular university, I still get to know the inner workings of it. I met and worked hand in hand with people of different ethnicity, knowing what it feels like wake up everyday at 5.35 a.m. and get ready to work, rushing to the venues, distributing papers, attending to students' needs, and packing everything up before we leave the place. My feet felt absolutely in pain for the first few days, and numb for the days after.

But I have credit my brother, for his patience and his excitement, and his kept down disagreement and upset for seeing me having to go home immediately after I finished my work on Tuesday. He kept saying that I'll forget him, and his place. Brother, know this. Even though I can't come as often as I'd like, I'd remember what you did for me. Everything. You're one of the nicest, I have to say. Thank you, from the bottom of what I have left in my heart. Thank you.

I'm scheduled to do the same job next year, in June. Here's waiting for another two weeks and some days of crazy work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunt's note: 8th May 2023

A little note.